SUMMARY: Oversee all departments in the warehouse on a daily basis, ensuring a clean, safe, and productive environment. Maintain quality and efficiency standards by providing hands on assistance and supervision in all aspects of warehouse operations. Perform frequent cost analysis on labor, freight charges, packaging materials, equipment and general supplies, maximizing use of company budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Supervise, oversee and resolve issues with receiving, pulling/packing, quality control, assembly, returns, stock moves, inventory count and overall cleanliness.
- Respond to questions and requests from purchasing and upper management.
- Purchase all items for warehouse operations.
- Maintain computer systems in accordance with established procedures.
- Recruit, interview and hire new employees.
- Conduct performance evaluations and disciplinary processes with employees as needed.
- Submit required daily, weekly and monthly information via email to National Distribution Center Manager.
- Maintain invoices to assigned purchase order numbers.
- Verify bills and communicate with Accounts Receivable for processing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma. 5-7 years warehouse experience.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from government entities, employees, managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and possess excellent telephone communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited – a good sense of humor is desirable.
- Must be computer literate with Word, Excel, Ecometry a plus.
- Must have the ability to effectively use a 10-Key adding machine.
- Must have the ability to quickly learnspecific software.
- Working knowledge of efficient filing systems, office machines and equipment.
- Must be able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk, lift objects up to 50+ pounds, push and pull objects up to 50+ pounds and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift objects overhead and below the waist up to 50+ pounds, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires the employee to work at the computer on average of 75% of the time.
- Ability to Train and operate Forklifts and other types of moving parts equipment.